W22 X… Series
W22XB Series Ex d(e) IIB T4 Gb (Ex tb IIIC T125ºC Db IP6X)
W22XB is one of WEG flameproof TEFC three phase motors lines for IIB group of gas and combustible dust and is available for shaft height 315 up to 500.
CE marking in compliance with European Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX) and IECEx Scheme.
- Output: from 75kW up to 1500kW
- Low, Medium and High Voltage
- Mechanical protection: IP55
- Class “F” insulation (T=80K)
- Cast iron frame
- Terminal boxes and endshields in cast iron
- Fans: Aluminium alloy / Welded steel.
- Fan cover: Welded steel, capable to withstand impact of 20 Joule (IK10)
- Color: RAL 5010 polyurethane paint scheme 212P
W22XB line is available for Low, Medium and High voltage with the following powers:
W22XB – Low voltage (≤ 1100 V):
IE2 Efficiency level / according IEC60034-30
Powers (kW) RPM 132 up to 1120 3000 / 3600 132 up to 1400 1500 / 1800 90 up to 1120 1000 / 1200 75 up to 900 750 / 900
W22XB – Medium voltage (≤ 6600 V):
Powers (kW) RPM 90 up to 1120 3000 / 3600 90 up to 1500 1500 / 1800 90 up to 1250 1000 / 1200 90 up to 1000 750 / 900
W22XB – High voltage (≤ 11000 V):
Powers (kW) RPM 90 up to 1120 3000 / 3600 90 up to 1500 1500 / 1800 90 up to 1120 1000 / 1200 90 up to 900 750 / 900
This range of motors up to 90kW comply with efficiency classification code IE2 as established in IEC 60034-30.
- Mechanical protection:IP56, IP65 and IP66
- Class “H” insulation
- Temperature rise:105 K
- Frames: Welded construction
- Terminal boxes: Welded construction
- Endshields:Welded construction
Several optional features are available for W22XB line on request
In relation to the different available optionals, W22XB motors are designated as follows:
- W22XB – Standard Ex d IIB T4 Gb motor
- W22XBE – Ex d e IIB T4 Gb motor
- W22XBD – Ex d IIB T4 Gb and Ex tb IIIC Db IP6X motor
- W22XBED – Ex d e IIB T4 Gb and Ex tb IIIC Db IP6X motor
- W22XBS – Ex d IIB T4 Gb motor with sleeve bearings
- W22XBES – Ex d e IIB T4 Gb motor with sleeve bearings
- W22XBDS – Ex d IIB T4 Gb and Ex tb IIIC Db IP6X motor with sleeve bearings
- W22XBEDS – Ex d e IIB T4 Gb and Ex tb IIIC Db IP6X motor with sleeve bearings
Particular specifications related to Hazardous Areas
- EN 60079-0: Explosive Atmospheres – Part 0: Equipment – General requirements
- EN 60079-1: Explosive Atmospheres – Part 1: Equipment protection by flameproof enclosure ‘d’
- EN 60079-7: Explosive Atmospheres – Part 7: Equipment protection by increases safety ‘e’
- EN 60079-31: Explosive Atmospheres – Part 31: Equipment dust ignition protection by enclosure ´t’
W22XB motors are classified as equipment Group II (Surface Industries), suitable to use on the following zones:
- Category 2, for Zones 1 and 21 – Gases, Vapours and Dust (GD)
- Category 3, for Zones 2 and 22 – Gases, Vapours and Dust (GD)
As standard, W22XB motors are supplied for Zone 1 application – IIB Group of Gases and Temperature class T4 (under request T5 is available).
As standard execution, W22X motors are fitted with flameproof terminal boxes for gases of Group IIB, with specification code Ex d, IIB. Under request and as an alternative execution, these motors can be fitted with an Increased Safety terminal box. In this case the description code is Ex de, IIB. These flameproof motors are certified according to the above standards, by the EU accredited Notified Body INERIS in France.
Voltage and Frequency
As standard, Low Voltage motors are wound to operate on Δ400 V – 50 Hz. As an option Δ460 V – 60 Hz is available.
As standard Medium Voltage motors are wound to operate on Y6000 V – 50Hz. As an option Y 3000 V – 50 Hz or Y4160 V – 60 Hz are available.
As standard High Voltage motors are wound to operate on Y10000 V – 50Hz. Other supply voltages and frequencies can be supplied under request.
W22XB line is also available for VSD application.
Motors are manufactured within the tolerances given by IEC 60034-1.
Ambient temperature and altitude
W22XB standard motors are manufactured for an ambient temperature -20ºC up to +40ºC and altitude up to 1000m. As an option motors can be executed for an ambient temperature up to +60ºC and altitude up to 5000m.
Stiavelli Irio srl is one of the greatest WEG Distributors for more than 20 years, with competence, experience and professionalism.
Our WEG awarded expert technicians and sales team are always available to provide You with right answers as soon as possible.
Official awarded WEG Service with expert technicians directly trained at WEG’s. Spare parts warehouse and technical laboratory.